Monday, March 10, 2008

One Year Gone Already!



It is hard to believe that we've already been married a year! At the risk of sounding sappy, I'm going to talk about my Allice. Check that, I don't care if I sound sappy...In fact, I'm going to sap it up! I just wanted to let all of you know that I consider myself the luckiest guy on earth. I am so grateful that after years of searching and wondering if I'd ever meet the future Mrs. Stockhoff (which trust me I can understand how a last name like Stockhoff would scare a girl) I found my Allice. Marrying my best friend was most certainly worth the wait. As cliche as it sounds, she has made me a better man than I would have ever become on my own.

Here is a list of just a few things that I think make my Allice so wonderful:

1. She patiently watches as my pile of work clothes grows on my side of the bed even when it has grown to the point that we're forced to step over it.

2. She lovingly gives in to my request to "stay up just a little bit longer" to watch sportscenter even though she knows it will guarantee that she will sleep uncomfortably on the couch for two more hours.

3. She listens attentively to me talking about my work which is so boring I even put myself to sleep.

4. She is not embarrassed when I join in and cry during television shows like the biggest loser and extreme makeover home edition.

5. She encourages me to pursue my goals and is the single biggest reason why I even applied to grad school.

6. She loves me and trusts me enough to follow me 2,000 miles across the country to attend grad school. Even if it means moving away from her family, friends, and everything she knows.

7. Perhaps the greatest thing she has done is she has shown me how to truly love everything around you. Your family, your friends, yourself, your job, your surroundings, everything right on down to perfect strangers. She sees the good in everything! I have never met a person who finds more joy in the world around them than my Allice.

So thanks again for saying YES. I love you.

9 comments:

lauren ann said...

How is it that I just now found your blog???

A few things... your wife sounds like a gem (maybe one day we'll actually hang out like we planned months ago, and Ill have the pleasure of meeting her), congrats on grad school- that is fantastic, happy one year! Isn't it crazy how time flies.

Heather said...

I think you're awesome...NOT sappy, more guys need to be that way! LOL Congrats on the anniversary and on a great 1st year! Luv ya, Heather and Bryan

Erica said...

Yeah! Congrats! I am so happy for you both, you are great! Crazy how time flies!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Awwww. So sweet. You already sound like an 80 year old man talking about the wife he's been in love with for 60 years. So cute.

Mike and Em said...

That is too sweet! Congrats to you guys. Hope you had a great anniversary!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Yeah for you guys. Sorry I didn't call you on the day, but that brother of mine, was very sweet and I too am happy you waded through the mire and got to your happily forever after. She is your lobster!

Lezlie Wagner said...

the best guy in the world got the best lady... that is how it should be.

Kimi said...

Greg- what can I say...you are awesome! I'm so glad you guys have each other!

Alexander said...

Congrats on your one year. Also good luck on grad school. I love your wedding dress by the way.