Monday, January 7, 2008

Just real quick

I figured I better post some of our Christmas/New Year's pics on here to keep this thing up to date. It's 9:42 p.m. which = 42 minutes past my bedtime, but I figured I would take one for the team (and Greg is watching the end of the BCS Championship bowl game anyway so what the heck) Well we had a wonderful first Christmas together as a married couple. We enjoyed the following about this past season:

*Our own Christmas tree--thank you little brothers for chopping it down for us from the mountains



*Shopping--we always love shopping but this kind of gave us an excuse to get things that normally we would just put back on the rack and just dream about



*Spending time with family and friends--we spent Christmas Eve and day with my family in Centerville and had so much fun. We did a whole lot of nothing but it was so fun. We also had many extended family functions to attend. I don't think Greg has ever seen anything like them. He kept saying, "Another party? With who? Didn't we just party with them last night?" That's what happens when a boy marries a girl with a large-marge extended family who likes to get together often.









*Our hand made stockings--Thanks Nanny!!




*The snow--How could I not mention the snow. It was a winter wonderland every day over the break. That may be an exaggeration but it sure felt that way.



*Having nothing to do--Greg start and finished an entire book during 3 days of the break.



*Movies--National Treasure 2 (entertaining and fun), I am Legend (suspenseful and suspenseful) and Juno (witty and funny one liners and good music-I bought the sound track)

*New Year's Eve--we had Jessa and Jared (sister and bro-in-law) and Dru and Adam (cousin and husband) and Cammie over for a little fondue party (Thank you Zitzmans). We ate so much food and then played the funnest game called Loaded Questions. We played for three hours and were dying of laughter. I highly recommend it as a fun, entertaining party game.




*IKEA--we just went there for the first time over the holiday and we are obsessed. I just want to buy a whole room from that store.

*Temple Square--we went to Temple Square with Dru and Adam and it was sure fun and sure freezing.



I know there is more but my brain is in shut down mode and I am fading fast so I'll have to update again soon. And we are going to be dog-sitting for the next couple days so I'll have to write about that. Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Allice-Looks like a greak holiday break. I love just hanging out with family. Tell Melissa that I, for some odd reason, can't leave comments on her blog, but I am checking it. Are you the dance coach at Provo High. How fun! Also, I don't remember you ever going to bed at 9:00. ;O) Do you really try to get to bed at that time. I am impressed!

Heather said...

Looks like you had a fantastic holiday and new year. It was great to see you guys today, too bad it wasn't a happy situation, but I'm excited to keep up with you two a little more. Add us: www.insidemyhead-heather.blogspot.com

Jessica June said...

FUN Vacation!!! You guys are REALLY, always partying!! I Love it!! It was so fun to see you at the Christmas party! We need to get together more often! Or give me a call next time you come up and we can do lunch!

Kristen Brady said...

Hey Allice it's Shawn and Kristen! You'll have to add us to your blog list! missdorff.blogspot.com!

Hillary Garner said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday season! I was sad that I wasn't able to go to the girlfriend party and missed seeing you! Just I side note...I am Legend scared the CRaP out of me!

Jen said...

I LOVE that portrait over your mantle! (I'm assuming it's you...) Who painted it? Glad you had a great christmas break!