Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley


I echo the feelings of all of my friends who mourn the loss of our great prophet, President Hinckley. When Allice and I heard the news last night there was initially great sadness but we were soon overcome with joy knowing that he has gone Home. Over the past several years I had tried to picture what my reaction would be when he passed away and tears was always what I had envisioned. But I was surprised when Allice I heard the news, no tears were shed, rather we we felt great joy as we took the time to reflect upon his life and express our heartfelt gratitude for his influence in our lives. My Dad shared his feelings about President Hinckley and I think it sums up how I feel. "I think we are all happy for President Hinckley being able to see his sweet wife again, but sad for fact that he won't be there guiding us and making us laugh. What a giant he was and always will be."

3 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Thank you Greg for sharing that. I too feel the same way, what a joyous reunion he and his wife had.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Ditto to this entry.

Stockhoff Family said...

What a great tribute Greg, you echo Dad and I on our feelings. You are an amazing son.