Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Months of Wedded Bliss

Allice and I celebrated six months of wedded bliss yesterday and we couldn't be happier. We tell everyone that we're old pros at married life but apparently we are still considered newly weds. Either way I am extremely grateful to be married to Allice. With the six month anniversary being the first pseudo milestone of marriage I couldn't help but relfect on a few of the little things that I appreciate about being married to Allice.

1) Dinner: I had all but forgotten about that last meal of the day then Allice came along and taught me that it was okay to eat something that wasn't from a vending machine, a drive thru window, or cooked in a microwave. Thanks!

2) Sunburns: The only thing worse than a sunburn is the additional frustration of not being able to put aloe on that hard-to-reach spot in between my shoulder blades. This year, however, when that annual sunburn happened Allice came to the rescue!

3) A Softer Side: I'd always prided myself on being a macho guy who loved all things man. Football, BBQ, you get the idea. Well in the last year I have attended more dance performances than I thought humanly possible. Much to my surprise I have come to truly appreciate and enjoy the fine arts. Never thought I'd say that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's been a great six months and at the risk of sounding mushy I'm looking forward to the months and years to come. Thanks for saying yes Allice, I love you.

6 comments:

whitney holland. said...

WHAT! Allice you have the cutest husband ever. That is so great that he has learned to appreciate all the great things you do in such a short time! I am way happy for you guys...CONGRATS for making it to the 6 months mark!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Greg, Look at you mr blogger. This is the greatest letter, I can't believe that is has been 6 months already. You two are the greatest and Andy and I love you both a million times. Happy anniversary :)

Kimi said...

Amen! Six months is great! It feels like forever (in a good way). We are so happy for you newlyweds :)
Love ya!
Kimi

Liz said...

hey greg...thanks for letting us know about your blog! looks like you guys are happy and doing well. check out our blog:
lizandtravis.blogspot.com.

Jessa and Jared said...

I would love to say more, but my eyes are so full of the tears that it's hard to type.....
it's great to know that I moved this little budding marriage along...
you're welcome!!!!
love jess

Hillary Garner said...

oh...what a nice guy you are Greg! It looks like you have made Allice very happy... I am so happy for you both!