Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Don't be a Hater

Ok I know it has almost been one month since I have written on this thing and things are about to get real busy and I had a minute so here goes. A brief update on our lives here in Provo...if I can remember everything or anything really. Maybe it will help if I start with last week and work backwards. Last week was my Spring Break so Greg and I thought it would be fun to go out and visit some of greatest friends/relatives we know, Meliss and Andy. We flew out last Friday and spent the next couple days helping them pack, clean and move from their humble home in Missouri to their fabulous new place in Kentucky. We had such a good time and it was so fun to see them. It had been like 9 months since we had seen them last. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the friendly people with crazy southern accents but I did not enjoy the humidity. My hair was pretty much one giant frizz ball every time I walked outside and just made me give a little Thank you to Utah for being so dry!! On this trip I also started reading a new book by Stephanie Meyer called The Host and it is pretty amazing. There's no vampires but there are peace-loving aliens who invade Earth and take over peoples bodies. Sounds weird but it's another hit!! Check it out. And probably the most exciting thing that happened was that we were in an earthquake!! It was my first one and it was crazy. It was at like 5 in the morning and woke us up when our air mattress started shaking and we heard a loud bang downstairs. We were only minutes from the military base Fort Knox and part of me thought that we were getting bombed or something. Needless to say it took me a few minutes to fall back to sleep. But it has made a great story and I love telling everyone that I was in my fist earth quake ever!
Let's see, the week before that Greg was growing a mustache in honor of some baseball player who hit a lot of home runs or something like that. Whatever the reason there was more facial hair on his face than I have ever seen in the whole time I have known him. Luckily he isn't the hairiest man alive so it wasn't too noticeable.
On the Provo High front I have had a student teacher for the past 11 weeks and it has been so nice. She did such a good job and it was rather nice to be able to be a little less busy for a few days. Unfortunately her time is up so I started teaching again this week and man am I out of shape!! I don't want to dive into a huge unit in my Dance 1 classes before my concert next week so Monday we had a stretching day and today I taught them some basic tap moves which we will continue with on Friday. I know, I know me tap dance? I'm a little rusty but I can do it. Maybe not the best and I was sure to ask if there were any advance tappers in the class and luckily there weren't so they were pretty amazed when I put on my tap shoes and started making sound. I think my students were staring at my feet the whole time. On a different note my big spring dance concert is next Friday and Saturday night and I am so excited. This week has been spent taking care of little details that I somehow forgot about until now and should have been done like 7 weeks ago. And next week will consist of tech/lighting rehearsals, dress rehearsals and the actual show. I'm excited for it to be here and ready for the show to go on. And don't worry that Greg will be out of town for the first part of the week so if anyone wants to come spend the night and console me when I come home crying because the kids were snotty and the dances looked like crap, let me know!
But probably the most exciting update and thing I think about all the time is the little baby growing inside me. I had a doctors appointment last Monday and everything was fine. We heard the heartbeat again. I always love hearing that little sound and can't wait for the ultrasound which is in 4 weeks. We can't wait to find out if we will be buying blue or pink clothes. I think it's a boy and Greg thinks a girl so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way I can feel my belly changing and it is crazy exciting. I'm just ready for my belly to big enough so I can buy maternity clothes because right now I just feel like I look a little chubby. At any rate I'll be posting some pics of my growing midsection at a later date so check back.
Well I think that about sums up things for us. This is probably the LONGEST post that I have ever written so kudos to you if you have read this whole thing and I'll do better in the future....or at least I'll try!!

Happy Earth Day


The Stache in all it's Glory


Brothers


Greg and Andy and the giant truck they drove cross country


Us at a tasty BBQ place in Louisville


BFF's for Life

3 comments:

Heather said...

YOU WERE IN MY HOME TOWN!!!! I can't believe it, I'm sooooo jealous!!! So where did you go for the Bar-b-q? There's several very yummy places to go. And I totally sympathize on the frizz ball, that's the way my hair was everyday growing up. LOL I hope you loved Kentucky, because I sure do!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Allice, This blog made me laugh so hard, especially that pic of Greg and Andy's facial hair...oh and your account of the earthquake. That was quite the memorable moment. We had such a great time, we love you guys!!

Robyn said...

Allice, where did you get a copy of The Host? It's not been released yet. Did you get your hands on some advance copy, or something, because you're some kind of VIP insider? I've only read the chapter that she posted on her website. (This is Darrell's wife, by the way.)