Friday, October 19, 2007
New York, New York
Last week I took 9 of my students from Provo High, my mom, aunts and Gramma to New York City. We had such a great time. We shopped around SoHo, rode the Staten Island Ferry, walked to the Brooklyn Bridge, bargained in Chinatown and so much more. I saw 4 shows: The Lion King (Amazing), Mary Poppins (So Good), STOMP (Super Fun) and Legally Blonde (Didn't love it so much). My students were able to take 3 different dance classes and of course I had to dance with them. Let's just say after the first class, which was Hip-Hop, I totally felt like I lost my groove. It was so much fun and the girls loved it. Our second class was a Jazz class and the teacher was an older gentleman who kept telling us to check out his Paula Abdul videos on his MySpace. Uhhhh, no thank you sir. Our last class was a Graham class at the Alvin Ailey studios. This was the biggest eye opener for the girls. I don't know if they are ready for the world of modern dance just yet. Overall the trip was a hit and everyone had a great time. And oh ya, and don't worry that one morning I was totally splashed by a passing taxi who was so kind to drive through a huge puddle. It was just like in the movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an awesome experience for you and the girls. Alice losing her groove? Come on? Haha I wish I couldve seen the puddle splash.
Come on al, you lost your groove? I kbow you've got skills! remember our awesome china hip hop dance? looks like it was a blast!
Allice- I am so jealous! What a fun trip!! Those pics reminded me of back in the day when we went to NY with bonnie- too fun!
How are you? We are trying to plan a girls night for early december....
Wow, one of these days I hope to get myself to New York. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. I don't know though, those Paula Abdul videos would be worth a laugh.
Post a Comment