Thursday, April 15, 2010

Drumroll please....


Well after some peer pressure from some of you I thought it was about time to update this old thing. I will agree that it has been a while, but what can I say, I can't always find the time to keep this thing up to date. With that out of the way here goes nothing. And side note, I was thinking if I keep my record up of only updating every couple months the next time we update we could be showing pics of the new babe!!! (only 8 weeks left!! Hallelujah) Well since so much time has passed I'll just catch up on the latest and greatest.
We celebrated Easter a few weeks ago and had such a fun time. We had a little Easter egg hunt with our friends and it was a huge success. All the kids loved finding the eggs but loved the candy in the eggs a little more. Gus was in heaven, going from one egg to the next, putting them in his basket that he carried like a purse. We practiced with him a few days before just in our living room and I think it paid off. Greg and I had to steer him in many different directions so that there would be eggs left for the other kids. We then had fun playing at the park. The dads played with the kids while the moms just enjoyed watching and gabbing away. Perfect.



The Gang

We followed up the egg hunt with a brunch Sunday morning before conference started. The food was tasty and the toys were plentiful, thanks to the Malcarne's and their super fun outside toys. We enjoyed good friends, good food and good weather!

This is how the kids did brunch

In keeping up with the spirit of updating, Greg is almost a college grad. He only has one week left of school and then graduates with his masters of real estate degree the first part of May. We are so excited and can hardly believe that our time out here in South Carolina is almost over. It feels like just yesterday we were moving out here and starting this new part of our lives. So much has happened since then and we are so excited to be moving on the next big adventure, whatever it may be!! I am so proud of Greg for accomplishing this.

Greg and his "mini-me"

Quick update on Gus. He is so funny and makes Greg and I laugh every day. He is getting so big and we just can't believe it. He recently started going to nursery and it doing pretty good. He is talking all the time and says new words that we don't even remember teaching him. He loves playing with his toys, especially any kind of ball. He loves carrying them around and can throw them so be prepared to catch anything that comes your way. He loves climbing up and over and down. I think we may need to invest in some sort of jungle gym because he is currently using our couch in place of one. He did finally get a hair cut a few weeks back and it made him look so grown up. His hair must grow pretty fast because he already needs another one. He loves to eat, most of the time, and is really into pickles right now. We were at a restaurant once and Greg gave him a bite of pickled okra just to see what he would do and he ended up eating the entire thing. I haven't even ever tried okra before. Gus is a braver man than I.
And last but certainly not least we will be adding this new baby brother to the mix in a few weeks. I get nervous every day about going into labor and always wonder when it will happen and just pray that if my water breaks, like it did with gus, that I am at home and not out in public. We are so excited to see what this babe will look like and excited to see what gus will look like when he meets him for the first time. Wish us luck!
Well that's about as much updating as I can do for today. I'm not going to promise when the next update will come but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. Then I won't have to write another novel to catch everyone up!

Just some other cute pics for your viewing pleasure




6 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

hahah That last pic of Gus makes me laugh, with his hair all stickin up! haha. what a cutie. Hope we get to see you guys soon! Love you lots
PS. THANKS for the update!

Erica said...

Wow! Welcome back! It is great to see that little Gusser! He has gotten so big! Now I want to see a picture of you with baby #2! You did so well with Gus, and we have nothing this time! And only 8 more weeks?! That is crazy! Hope to see another post here soon!

Amelia Brame said...

Man Gus is getting so big! That's so exciting that you'll have another one here soon- congrats!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Love all of it. The pictures. The info. Love it all. I can't believe how big he is. CRAZY. Love you guy.

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Its ok Allice, I stalk you too :) I'm sorry to hear your time in SC is almost over, I'm begging Aaron every day to let us move there! haha. Hope this next couple months goes by fast for you.

Sarah said...

What a cutie! Thanks for the update. Congrats to Greg on graduation and enjoy the short time you have left in SC!